Greetings! Wishes for your well-being and sound health.
The Grassroots Institute aims to undertake education, capacity building, action research, strengthen human development initiatives and take appropriate grassroots field action to empower marginalized communities and Indigenous people to bring about environmental and social change. More details of our institutional functions are available on www.grassrootsinstitute.net.
The Grassroots Institute has launched the “GLOBAL LECTURES | LOCAL IMPACTS”, a new initiative featuring which takes advantage of the expertise, knowledge, experience, and views of distinguished professors, scholars, experts, and activists for the benefit of a global audience including students, teachers, researchers, scholars, field practitioners, professionals and anyone who is interested. To read more about this initiative, please visit: https://www.grassrootsinstitute.ca/gli. Several senior professors will deliver their fascinating lectures in May and June, and in October-November 2022.
Universities and colleges generally organize such lectures for their students, teachers, and researchers, to showcase research undertaken within various faculties of the institution. Occasionally external experts are invited as well. We propose a new and unique concept that allows “lecture pooling”, whereby multiple institutions can share the same virtual lecture simultaneously. This amplifies the reach of these valuable lectures to a wider audience across the world. Funding arrangements within The Grassroots Institute have allowed us to offer these lectures at no charge. Any Institution contributing 3 lectures will automatically become Co-organizer of those particular 3 lectures, alongside our Permanent Co-organizer, Nomomente Institute. A detailed sample page for a lecture can be seen by visiting: https://grassrootsinstitute.ca/gli/indigenous-disaster-risk-reduction.html
To participate in these lectures FREE, what is to be done:
1. Register and Attend the Lectures (Zoom ID is given in Chart or on web page of listed lecture)
2. Become an Institutional Host (see a box on the website)
3. Disseminate the information about these lectures or the initiative (promo images are attached on web pages of the lectures)
4. Download the Lecture Promos and share on your Facebook/LinkedIn. You may also share
directly from our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/grassrootsinstitute.net
Lastly, if you have interest and time, please browse our different websites and links of initiatives:
– The Grassroots Institute [principal site] <http://grassrootsinstitute.net/>
– The Grassroots Institute [education site] <https://grassrootsinstitute.ca/>
– Global Lectures | Local Impacts <https://grassrootsinstitute.ca/gli>
– Grassroots Global Leadership Program <https://grassrootsinstitute.ca/glp>
– Grassroots Global Network <https://grassrootsglobal.net/>
– Summer Field School 2023 <https://grassrootsglobal.net/mer2023>
– Grassroots Journals <http://www.grassrootsjournals.org/>
– YouTube Videos <https://www.youtube.com/user/grassrootsinstitute>
With best compliments.